The program for GSS 2017 scheduled for January 27th and 28th now available!
Thank you for all those that attended our kick-off meeting. A special thank you to Robbie for his interpretive dance.
Below is the list of potential topics and organizers.
- GRFP workshops (David V.)
- UGA Teaching Certificate (Ania M.)
- “How to” for departmental forms
- Introduction of Post-docs (Rebecca A.)
- Skill Shares:
- How to review a paper (Julie Z.)
- Intro to GitHub
- Intro to latex (Reni K.)
- Making pretty figures (Claire T. & Cecilia S.)
- Paper Discussion:
- Science visualization (Reni K.)
Hope everyone is having a great summer. See you all in a couple of weeks!
Today at Peanut Butter club, Sarah Budischak discussed the transition from lowly graduate student to research postdoc. It was really informative, and she has shared some materials from the discussion. So check out this sweet spreadsheet of potential postdoc funding sources.
This is the first post on our new domain. I was lazy, and just manually transferred the little content we had from the other page over. As such, I didn’t bring any of the old posts with me, so this is the first post. Hopefully having the official `ecology.uga.edu` address will help make this page more used.